Function of conditioner in the shrimp feed pellet machine
Shrimp feed pellet machine is a good way to convert grain into a more digestible form. The shrimp feed produced has a high degree of gelatinization and digestibility, and is not easily affected by moisture and oxidation. This makes transmission, storage and processing easier. This is a key reason for users to purchase the shrimp feed pellet machine.
Conditioning is a processing procedure for hydrothermal treatment of powdery materials before pelleting of pellet feed. Research at home and abroad shows that conditioning is one of the important factors affecting the quality of pellet feed, and it plays a role of about 20% in the overall quality of pellet feed. With the improvement of the market’s requirements for the quality of pellet feed, feed processing enterprises also pay more and more attention to the conditioning process in feed processing. Improving and upgrading conditioning equipment is one of the important means for them to improve the quality of pellet feed products and improve their market competitiveness.
1. The powdery materials are ripened. The ability of most animals to digest starch is very low, but they can digest cooked starch to a large extent. The conditioner can greatly increase the gelatinization degree of starch under the action of water and heat, and also promote the heat denaturation of protein in the material. The denatured protein is easy to be enzymatically hydrolyzed, thus improving the digestibility and utilization rate of pellet feed.
What’s the function of conditioner in pellet feed processing?
2. Sterilize powder materials. Most pathogenic bacteria, such as Escherichia coli and Salmonella, are not heat-resistant. Tempering materials with a conditioner at a certain temperature can kill these bacteria and ensure the level of feed hygiene. Compared with drug disease prevention, this method of sterilizing materials with a conditioner has the advantages of low cost, no pollution, no drug residue and side effects.
3. The conditioning equipment can significantly improve the water resistance of the pellet feed. During the conditioning process, through the hydrothermal effect of steam, the viscous components of the material, gelatinized starch and denatured protein, can fully play the role of the binder, and can effectively bond other components around. Under the extrusion of the molding roller, the particles and particles combine more closely, so that the pellet feed becomes more dense and has a smooth appearance, It is not easy to be eroded by water during feeding, which increases the stability of water.
4. The quenching and tempering equipment can improve the granulation property of materials, increase the output, save energy consumption for granulation, and increase the life of the die and roll of the granulator. Through tempering, the material can be softened and more plastic. During the extrusion process with the die hole wall, the inner wall of the die and the outer surface of the pressure roller, the friction force is reduced, which prevents a large amount of mechanical energy from being converted into heat energy during the granulation process, and at the same time, reduces the wear of the die and the pressure roller.
So what’s the types and working principle of the conditioner?
1. Single shaft paddle type conditioner
This kind of conditioner is the earliest and most widely used conditioner in feed processing at home and abroad. It has a simple structure. A stirring shaft is installed in the middle of its cylindrical shell, and a number of adjustable and replaceable blades are installed on the stirring shaft. When the conditioner is working, the powder particles will move in two directions under the agitation of the paddle, one is rotating around the axis, the other is moving along the axis, and the movement track is similar to a helix. Generally, the speed of the conditioner is 150-450r/min. Generally, the single shaft paddle type conditioner is 2-3m long. The powder can be retained in the conditioning chamber for 20-30ss, and the degree of ripening can reach about 20%, which can basically meet the conditioning requirements of some ordinary pellet feeds.
2. Double-layer and triple-layer conditioner
In order to prolong and control the retention time of powder in the conditioner, 2-3 standard single shaft paddle type conditioners are stacked above the granulator, which are commonly referred to as two-way and three-way multi-layer conditioners. This type of conditioner is characterized by being in series with each other and having multiple steam injection ports. During operation, the powder passes through each conditioner in turn, extending the conditioning time of the powder. The material can be more fully mixed with steam, which can increase the ripening degree of the powder to about 40%.
Then, how to select the conditioners? Generally, ordinary livestock and poultry feed plants can choose single shaft paddle type conditioner to ensure about 30s of conditioning time, which can make the starch gelatinization degree reach about 20%, basically meeting the processing requirements of ordinary livestock and poultry feed. Aquatic feed plants shall select secondary and tertiary regulators or double shaft differential speed paddle regulators to ensure that the ripening degree of the conditioned feed reaches more than 50%.